Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lizards

Yesterday (16th) and Today (17th) we went to Dr. Kirkpatrick's. I had more pain threshold tests :( so that my results can be determined more accurately. Dr Kirkpatrick also videoed me asking me questions and getting me to do exercises. This video should be up on his website in the next few days for everyone to see. After the coma at 1 month, 6 months, 12 months and 24 months he will video me again doing the same exercises to note any improvements.
I also had a cognitive test with Dr Hoffman; this test is part of the research study to prove that ketamine doesn't affect the brain. Patients so far have either stayed the same or improved in their cognitive ability. They have improved because they are no longer in such a high level of pain and are able to concentrate. The test was repeating numbers and words after him, drawing pictures, repeating stories with the same use of language as him, etc.
Now to the exciting stuff.... LIZARDS!!!! They are really cute. They're about 5cm long and really, really quick. They scuttle over the pavements, much too fast to catch one. However, saw 2 today that were still. But as soon as we moved... they'd gone :( I'm going to try and get a good photo of them, but haven't been able to as of yet.
Also, Mum & Dad let me go 2 the mall 2day!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!
I'm missing everyone in New Zealand lots!
It's still really hot here; 99 degrees Fahrenheit, which is about 37 degrees Celsius. But it's started to rain and I think may have just heard thunder.
Love to you all!
Emma x

2 comments:

  1. Hey hun, I'm glad that the tests went well!! Are we aloud to look at the vidoes of you on that website? Wow it really is hot! Goodness id be dying! Haha trust you to call that post lizards! You better get those photos miss orange cause I wanna see too!!! Hopefully the rain will wash away some of the heat. xxxx love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh I wana see lizards too!! And yeah that is soooo hot, I complain about the heat here. my love to you, Emma xx

    ReplyDelete