Sunday, August 29, 2010

Coma Date Set

We've been expecting final confirmation each day for some time now and today it finally came. All boxes are ticked for Emma to begin the coma in Monterrey but unfortunately it can not start until September 12th. We must be in Monterrey on (or before) September 9th. Though it is disappointing that it can not happen sooner we are relieved to now be able to plan the next 2 weeks without having to book hotels on a daily basis. Waiting without knowing was agonising!

We are not sure yet how we will fill the next 2 weeks but we will probably work remotely for some of the time. Emma is not up to sight-seeing so we will have plenty of time on our hands.
We have spent the last few days alternating between a few different hotels near Tampa airport - using Expedia's daily specials to decide which we stay at. The hotels have a free local shuttle so going to get food has been relatively easy. On a few occassions Emma has felt well enough to come with us to buy food at the local mall. As we need to travel light to be mobile with the wheelchair I tell Emma that the only things she can buy she must eat!

1 comment:

  1. yay that is good news, even with a bit of a wait.

    Just so you know, I've sent a msg to you all via Emma on fbk since I don't have an email address for you.

    My love to you all